♦ Itty Bitty Art Committee ♦ Created by Sophie Ashcroft and Beverly Cottrell

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Micro residency for Sophie

Nothing like a tiny two day reisdency to make a girl happy!

After exhibiting and helping out with Test Space Leeds I started a little two day residency at the 42 New Briggate shop.

I was given just the single word of BURN as the theme.

It was a really busy environment, with people coming in and out of the shop and on the first day an exhibition was being hung around the gallery as I worked. So it was a bit of a test to get anything done, especcialy when my attention span is short darn short in the first place.


Check out my little work space nestled inside the gallery.

I first played around with burning some silk and paper, lining the edges with wax so the flame was concentrated into a space. (I'll add those pictures when I retrive my little silky bits from the shop itself

After a while of dilly dallying I thought of using our little interplanetory exhibition as a bit of an influence.


These are ten little zines filled with water colours of comets burnin' through space. They're called 'Solar Flare' and where on sale at the last Test Space craft fair at Crash Records in Leeds city centre.

It was an awesome itty bitty experience and digits crossed I get to do another one soon before I go back to college starting third year.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♦ Itty Bitty Art Committee ♦ Created by Sophie Ashcroft and Beverly Cottrell