♦ Itty Bitty Art Committee ♦ Created by Sophie Ashcroft and Beverly Cottrell

Monday 4 January 2010

I've been a Stumblin'

Oh how I love Stumble!

I've been on the hunt for some inspiration and have come across so I've had a leetle bundle of leetle design and art goodies!

Teeny tiny design innovation. Business cards look a wee bit better when they're 3D
From Troyka advertising agency

Hello Mr. teeny tiny book ring.
From Ana Cardim

A wonderful little service from Leaf cutter design
lea at desk
Founded in the San Francisco Bay area The World's Smallest Postal Service sends out teeny tiny letters and cards for a mere $8
WSL items
Glorious don't you agree?

And of course an obligitory mention of these chaps
Slinkachu, Installation and photography work from the London based artist that has recently gained a fair few more fans with the release of a book an a series of exhibitions (which are sadly, mainly in London).

More inspiration will be spilling onto here soon. I (Sophie) may be off too Manchester city art gallery to have a look around a surrealist exhibition I've been wanting to see for a while. I also had a look on The Urbis's website and didn't really find anything that really caught my eye but I'll have an explore anyway, extra art can't hurt.

After again having a nosey around the Manchester Gallery site I found this The Mini Art Club and started getting very excited with images of Synadoche New York style exhibitions only visible with magnifiers. Sadly the mini was in regards to the artists, children (not 'little people') very tempted to still go along...

Wonder if they'd let me in if I said I was pregnant.


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the book ring! So simple, yet effective. Hmmm... could help formulate ideas for the artist's book fair! Also think the smallest postal service is awesome - still thinking of creating that stamp idea. Stamps look like mini canvases to me :D

    Keep stumbling, my good friend!

    ReplyDelete

♦ Itty Bitty Art Committee ♦ Created by Sophie Ashcroft and Beverly Cottrell